Friday, July 13, 2007

A Neo Conservative

My bank statement arrived today with a new "look." My first reaction was "Oh no!" It feels like people are constantly changing the way things look. But when I consider the previous statement in the rational light of day - prompted by the raised eyebrows of my eloquently silent mate - I must admit the changes are not more frequent. I just like them less.

Here I am making gigantic changes in my life, but I get my knickers in a twist over a rearranged bank statement. And when I finally looked at it, I had to admit the new format is easier to follow and takes up less paper. In short, it's better.

I fear my initial response to my new and improved bank statement is evidence of my age. I am becoming an old codger, someone who fears and resists change. But that is not who I am. So why the negative first take? I don't have an answer, but I will be on the lookout to see if this is a pattern.

No comments: