Sunday, March 22, 2009

I am a recessionista

How do I know I'm a recessionista? Let me count the ways...
1) I am wearing an outfit (top, pants and scarf) I made myself and it's actually pretty cute.
2) The shoes are more than 20 years old.
3) I spent a couple hours this week making a thong out of leftover fabric.
4) Before I throw out any food I ask myself, "What would MFK* do?"
5) Date night is dinner out--at an ethnic (read: cheap) restaurant--and a DVD at home while wearing our Yoga Toes!!!
6) I'm checking books out of the library again.
7) I walk everywhere If I'm shopping, I take the granny cart. Really.
8) I made a set of stationery out of blank cards and envelopes left over from my daughter's bat mitzvah invitations (she is now 26 years old) and a homemade stamp. I like the image so much I've adopted it as my new logo.
9) I'm donating my time in the form of Pilates lessons instead of writing checks to my favorite charities.
10) I had to give up my adult, professional gardener. But I've hired my 13 year-old neighbor to weed and I'm paying him more than he asked for.
11) In place of therapy I take a walk with a friend and we tone our butts while solving all the worries of the world.

* That would be Mary Frances Kennedy Fisher. If you haven't read any of her stuff yet, this is the time.

No comments: