Friday, September 5, 2008

SRD ??? - Bored now

I just reread Season Eight of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (it's in comic book form) and was reminded of what the brilliantly evil Willow said just before she flayed Warren. "Bored now." I too am bored.

The closest I could get to flaying anyone was a carefully crafted letter to various people at my HMO. I told the alarming tale of being blown off THREE times upon asking for help detoxing from Percoset, to which I had become physically dependent. Many of the details of that experience are included in earlier posts. I won't bore you with them now. It's over. I'm finally withdrawn. If I'm having any symptoms today they are easily confused with my usual allergy attack at this time of year. My arm is still a bit sore and it will be months before I regain all of my range of motion and strength. But that process is bound to be a bit of a snooze too, so it is time to move on. At least for the purposes of this blog.

I am trying to be greener. It is not easy to change habits of a lifetime. Turning off lights when I leave a room. Remembering to bring bags with me to the market. Staying out of my car unless it is absolutely necessary that I drive.

Today I took my recently acquired wire shopping cart and went shopping for several items that would otherwise be too heavy to bring home on foot. It was a splendid success. I saved a little gas, prevented a tiny measure of CO2 to accumulate, and got a bit of exercise without having to skimp on the number of cans of soup and juice I purchased.

Okay, less boredom. Greener is good.

1 comment:

Rabbi Ruth Adar said...

Kol hakavod (all honor to you) on getting completely off the percocet. Good luck with the HMO, and thank you for getting in their faces about this.

Proud to know you, Ms. Dragonfly!