Friday, December 5, 2008

Sitting Pretty - Take 1

This is a draft of what I hope will be my first exercise video. If you watch it you'll note that I suddenly have a lisp. Apparently the little tiny microphone on my digital camera cannot handle the "s" sound. I'm not dressed appropriately and the lighting is not good. If all goes well, I will have the help of a film student to improve the production values of this first effort, but the message will be pretty much the same.

Here's the introduction I plan to add:

If you are like most people I know, you don't think you have good posture. Somebody said you were slouching back when you were small. "Sit up straight, young man/lady. Your posture is terrible!" But did that person tell you how to fix the problem? No!! So here's the answer to the question nobody ever bothered to answer, "What can I do to sit with good posture?"

Let me know what you think unless you're laughing too hard to type.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool. Here are my possibly constructive comments. 1) It's a nice length. 2) You framed it well on the screen. I could see you from head to toe. 3) I liked the background music. 4) On my screen, the image was very dark. I could see no detail. 5) With my speakers you had a lisp. All S's sounded like SH's, so you can imagine how "sitting pretty" came out. 6) Early on you said something about "or greater," referring to the angle of your seat. I didn't know what you meant.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Fun fun. I'd like to see you from the side, too, and having a second chair available would take care of that easy peasy. Try the mic a little farther from your mouth, and that should take care of your new lisp. You lose point 2, angle, after the first mention. Anonymous covered lighting, frame, and the mysterious-what-does-that-look-like "or greater."

Good length, but I'd watch an extra 10 seconds to hear you speak more slowly.

LOVE the wink.