Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SRD6 Are We There Yet?

My arm hurts. I don't think it's fair. I've been doing this for seven weeks and I am tired of being in pain.

The pins are gone and the pain is both less intense and less restrictive. I can move around without inflicting a great stabbing pain in my shoulder. But I am still experiencing a significant amount of discomfort. It is a deep, constant ache that makes it difficult to sleep even though I am still taking pain pills.

I have my first physical therapy appointment tomorrow. I'm holding out great hopes my PT will be able to help me with the pain. But I'm afraid I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

Other than toughing it out, I don't know what I can do. I don't want to take more Percoset--to which I suspect I have already developed a tolerance. I can distract myself during the day, but as afternoon approaches my energy level drops and I can no longer operate on top of the pain.

That's when I become a pain.


BTW: This is yesterday's post. I plan to add something later today for SRD7.

No comments: